Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com> on 2018/05/17 18:11:56 UTC

osgi.to.logback

Hello all,

I'm going to start committing the osgi.to.logback module but I want to make
sure I have the right name since once it's sticks it will be for a long
time.

Right now it's, well... osgi.to.logback

_What it is_ is a bundle which:
- connects an OSGi Log Service (one which implements OSGi Log 1.4 spec) to
the logback backend
- provides a slf4j impl
- provides a robust and flexible backend (i.e. appenders)
- provides a bridge from logback's configuration to LoggerAdmin
- provides "framework hook" so that it can live on the classpath of the
framework for immediate logging

Suggestions for names? I will wait until Tuesday before making a real
commit so that people have a chance to pipe in then I'll pull the trigger.

Sincerely,
 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: osgi.to.logback