Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 22:11:17 UTC

cutting the 0.2.0 branch

any objections to me cutting the 0.2.0-incubating branch now?

- James

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 15, 2006, at 1:24 AM, James M Snell wrote:

> Are we ready to go?

Looks good here, +1.

	Ugo

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
I did some tire kicking and found no major problems.

-Elias

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 11/18/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> Other than that, everything on the 0.2.0-incubating branch seems fine to me.

Ok, I was wrong there.  Looks like RAT is for some reason not
descending into directories named 'java', which means it wasn't
actually looking at any of our code!  I forced it to do so and found a
few files that were missing license headers.  Those problems have been
fixed and merged into the release branch.

-garrett

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 11/16/06, James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, all of these issues should now be resolved in both the Trunk and the
> 0.2.0-incubating branch.  I also fixed a couple of other bits that were
> annoying -- generating md5 checksums during the build and excluding the
> feedvalidator.org test cases from the src package.
>
> Oh, and the security examples will only be built if ABDERA_XMLSECURITY
> is set.
>
> Please kick the tires.

One thing I noticed when trying to do a 'make dist' is that unless
you've got sf.net's ssl cert already saved (by doing a read operation
on their svn repos, and permanently accepting the cert) then checking
out the feed validator test cases appears to fail.  Not sure what the
proper solution is, although now that Sam has gotten the feed
validator test data licensed under the MIT license we can just bring
those files into the tree like we did for some of the other test
files.

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Doh! Ok, I'll get these fixed up in the morning.

Good catch on the security example build, I always build with security
enabled so I missed that one completely.

- James

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.

Garrett Rooney wrote:
> [snip]
> One thing I noticed was that the lib/legal directory seems a bit odd.
> First, it's still got a license file for the geronimo servlet jar,
> despite the fact that we're not shipping that anymore.  Second, there
> are some jars in the lib dir that don't have corresponding license
> files in lib/legal.  json-1.0.jar, wstx-asl-2.0.5.jar, and
> xmlsec-1.3.0.jar, for example.  I believe all of those are under the
> ASL, but we've got copies of the ASL in there for other jars, so why
> not those ones?

The wstx-asl jar carries a copy of it's license and notice within the
jar itself.

- James

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Proposed 0.2.0-incubating Distribution Images...

http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera.0.2.0-incubating.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera.0.2.0-incubating.zip.md5

http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera.0.2.0-incubating.jdk142.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera.0.2.0-incubating.jdk142.zip.md5

http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera.0.2.0-incubating.src.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera.0.2.0-incubating.src.zip.md5

All tests pass.
All examples compile.
Documentation has been updated.

Everyone, please give these a test.

Are we ready to go?

- James

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 15, 2006, at 12:16 AM, James M Snell wrote:

> Hey, I was messing around with the example code anyway so I went ahead
> and fixed the problem Ugo reported.

Great to know that you did it. This generics stuff is too new for me ;)

	Ugo

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
Alright.  You beat me too it.  I had the fix done by the time I got
your e-mail, but hadn't committed it yet; damn slow Eclipse... (I
really do have to figure out what's up with it; it's essentially
unusable right now, probably contributing to me ignoring any java
coding and playing with ruby instead...)

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm working on building the example code during the compile.  However, I
don't think there's really much value in shipping the compiled example
code.

- James

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, cut the branch before I saw this. I'll make sure that any fixes
to this that get checked into the Trunk make it into the branch.

- James

Re: cutting the 0.2.0 branch

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.

--