Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/30 18:16:32 UTC

another license issue

I found another potential license issue. In
incubator-cordova-wp7/templates/standalone/cordovalib/Commands/ImageExifHelper.cs
at line 14 it includes a comment saying "Portions of this code are based
on..." and it gives the URL to a blog at codeproject.com. The blog has a
reusable code library, and in turn points to a CPOL license (
http://www.codeproject.com/info/cpol10.aspx ) for its content.

According to http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a , the
CPOL license may NOT be included with Apache projects.

I'm not seeing an obvious copy-and-paste, so it is unclear if there is
code reuse or if it was used as reference documentation. Perhaps the
person who committed this to ImageExifHelper.cs could answer that question.

-- Marcel Kinard

RE: another license issue

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Shazron, Marcel

Could you please assign this issue to me. I'll check my tomorrow morning if it exists; if not, I'll create it and fix.

Thank you,
Sergei

These should be put in JIRA so they won't be forgotten and can be assigned. I'm not sure if the other license issue was added.

http://issues.cordova.io

Re: another license issue

Posted by Jesse MacFadyen <pu...@gmail.com>.
Of course.