Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neil Blue <Ne...@denovopharma.com> on 2003/06/24 18:54:22 UTC

Problem with preGoal

Using MAVEN_1_0_B9.

I have a pre goal set up as follows:

<preGoal name="java:compile">
   <attainGoal name="generateSrc"/>
   <sleep seconds="10"/>
</preGoal>

where the goal generate source will generate source code and put it in the ${maven.src.dir}/java directory.

On running 'maven java:compile' for this project, the source is successfully generated, but then get the message [echo] No java source files to compile.

If I run the same goal again (and any subsequent time thereafter), then the java source files are compiled successfully.

I have added a sleep to allow myself time to check the files are on the filesytem, and this certainly seems to be the case. Despite this the java:compile goal still does not see the source files if it is the first time the goal has been run.

I have also tried the following:

<preGoal name="java:compile">
   <attainGoal name="copySrc"/>
</preGoal>

where copy src simply copies the required files to the ${maven.src.dir}/java, and get the same results.

Re: Problem with preGoal

Posted by Alexey Demakov <de...@ispras.ru>.
Does generateSrc add location of generated sources to maven.compile.src.set?
It's better to generate sources to subdir of maven.build.dir
Search plugins for examples (antlr)

Best regards,
Alexey
---