Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com> on 2014/05/13 19:39:38 UTC

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Falcon version 0.5-incubating

Chris pointed out an issue with the source tarball. I inadvertently
excluded *.patch in the source assembly as part of FALCON-440 which is
needed to build successfully.

Will spin a new RC soon. Thanks Chris.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Seetharam Venkatesh <
venkatesh@innerzeal.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have created a build for Falcon 0.5-incubating, release candidate 1.
> Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this release.
>
> The source tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5, *.sha):
> http://people.apache.org/~venkatesh/falcon-0.5-incubating-rc1/source/
>
> The SHA1 checksum of the archive is
> 44bbd832fffe71a12a17c79af1e5e5323a061acf
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.5-rc1
>
> The list of fixed issues:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.txt;h=7496edd5fbb3cf2d44ecbd53e8b7a0b4a229b653;hb=209c37152dd5612facbfe84130f68e63fb0bdb32
>
> Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/falcon/KEYS
> PGP release keys:
> http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1B16738C42C7A5EA
>
> Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on
> the source (release-0.5-incubating-rc1 /
> SHA: 44bbd832fffe71a12a17c79af1e5e5323a061acf).
>
> Please download, test, and try it out.
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours (until the required number of
> IPMC votes are obtained).
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> +1 from my side for the release.
>
> For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
>
> --
> Regards,
> Venkatesh
>
> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Venkatesh

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry