Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/04 00:40:08 UTC

Tapestry make me feel happy !

Hi,

I spent a lot of time for discovering the Java World. After used Php,
C++ and C# for years, this new learning adventure need a lot of energy.
But today Tapestry make my feel really Happy !

Yesterday I started a fresh project with Tapestry 4.1.2, Acegi,
Hibernate3, Spring2, Tomcat6, Eclipse3.3, and tonight I've just finished
a Hivemind service to server Json-RPC calls
(http://oss.metaparadigm.com/jsonrpc/) to give access to the application
from some Java Applet and other stuff.

Great, it's working !

Thank you very much to the Tapestry Team and other people from this
mailing list. Thanks you all !

Best regards,
Cyrille.
PS: in 1 month I will have to hard test all of that in a cluster
environment, I think the adventure will restart ;-)

Re: Tapestry make me feel happy !

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm glad you are having fun! :)

Most thanks should of course go to Howard, as always.  (the rest of us are
mostly tinkerers/modifiers)

On 7/3/07, #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spent a lot of time for discovering the Java World. After used Php,
> C++ and C# for years, this new learning adventure need a lot of energy.
> But today Tapestry make my feel really Happy !
>
> Yesterday I started a fresh project with Tapestry 4.1.2, Acegi,
> Hibernate3, Spring2, Tomcat6, Eclipse3.3, and tonight I've just finished
> a Hivemind service to server Json-RPC calls
> (http://oss.metaparadigm.com/jsonrpc/) to give access to the application
> from some Java Applet and other stuff.
>
> Great, it's working !
>
> Thank you very much to the Tapestry Team and other people from this
> mailing list. Thanks you all !
>
> Best regards,
> Cyrille.
> PS: in 1 month I will have to hard test all of that in a cluster
> environment, I think the adventure will restart ;-)

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Tapestry make me feel happy !

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
Eko S.W. a écrit :
> I just want to ask one question, but why not T5?
> I just try Tap too, and I do straight coding in T5 (to my opinion,
> because
> it is the latest, and it should be the only choice)
> Is the current T5 can not do the same ?
Of course, T5 is better, but not finished ...
I've try T5.0.5 and it was great. But some of my needs were not
implemented, some bugs persists and documentation is on the road.
Shure if I was more experimented with Java, I choice T5. May be in few
months.

Cheers
cyrille

Posted by "Eko S.W." <sw...@gmail.com>.
I just want to ask one question, but why not T5?
I just try Tap too, and I do straight coding in T5 (to my opinion, because
it is the latest, and it should be the only choice)
Is the current T5 can not do the same ?

Thank you in advance!

2007/7/4, #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I spent a lot of time for discovering the Java World. After used Php,
> C++ and C# for years, this new learning adventure need a lot of energy.
> But today Tapestry make my feel really Happy !
>
> Yesterday I started a fresh project with Tapestry 4.1.2, Acegi,
> Hibernate3, Spring2, Tomcat6, Eclipse3.3, and tonight I've just finished
> a Hivemind service to server Json-RPC calls
> (http://oss.metaparadigm.com/jsonrpc/) to give access to the application
> from some Java Applet and other stuff.
>
> Great, it's working !
>
> Thank you very much to the Tapestry Team and other people from this
> mailing list. Thanks you all !
>
> Best regards,
> Cyrille.
> PS: in 1 month I will have to hard test all of that in a cluster
> environment, I think the adventure will restart ;-)

Best wishes,
Eko SW
http://swdev.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/