Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "keith.paschal" <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/21 14:44:31 UTC

PSML Locators

Folks;

  I am deploying a portal and need a standard set of panes/portlets to
be assigned to all users.  I also want to be able to update the
panes/portlets in one place and have all users pick up those changes.  I
have
been trying to do this with PSML locators, but it doesn't seem to work
for me.  I get no errors, but when I log in to the user that has the
configuration specified, I get a blank content portion of the web page.
The header and footer are right, just no details in the body.  The
config file is as follows:

<portlets id="01">
    <metainfo>
        <title>My Home</title>
    </metainfo>
    <controller
name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controllers.RowColumnPortletController"/>
    <reference id="P-ed09142736-10018" path="user/anon/page/default"/>
</portlets>

  and the file I modified is the default.psml in the user/anon/html/
directory.

  What am I missing?

  Also, does anyone know of any good manuals/books for learning more
about how jetspeed works?  (not so much creating JSR 168 portlets, but
admin for jetspeed).

Thanks;

Keith