Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Keith Bennett <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/27 01:54:08 UTC

Rika, a Tika Wrapper for JRuby

Hello, everyone. Richard Nyström has kindly turned over leadership to me of Rika, a Ruby (JRuby) gem that simplifies the use of the Tika application jar file in JRuby (which is Ruby running on the Java Virtual Machine).

I've released the first new version in five years. It includes the Tika 1.24.1 app jar. You can find the Github repo at https://github.com/keithrbennett/rika, and you can install the gem with `gem install rika` (you may need to use `jgem...` depending on your JRuby installation).

Is anyone here using (J)Ruby to work with Tika, or would like to?

If so:
  a) what kinds of obstacles are you encountering, if any?
  b) what kind of features would you like to see?

Any other constructive feedback is welcomed as well.

Thanks,
Keith Bennett
https://bbs-software.com/