Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/17 02:52:19 UTC

Cloudera Flume

Sorry if this is not the correct list to post this on, it was the
closest I could find.

We are using a taildir('/var/log/foo/') source on all of our agents. If
this agent goes down and data can not be sent to the collector for some
time, what happens when this agent becomes available again? Will the
agent tail the whole directory starting from the beginning of all files
thus adding duplicate data to our sink?

I've read that I could set the startFromEnd parameter to true. In that
case however if an agent goes down then we would lose any data that gets
written to our file until the agent comes back up. How do people handle
this? It seems like you either have to deal with the fact that you will
have duplicate or missing data.

Thanks||

Re: Cloudera Flume

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about that

FYI, About 1GB/day across 4 collectors at the moment

Re: Cloudera Flume