Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2007/04/04 11:55:56 UTC

ant-testutil?

I have a build  - smartfrog-tasks - that's been failing since last week,
when I deleted a private copy of ant-testutil from our SCM tree

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/smartfrog/smartfrog-tasks/gump_work/build_smartfrog_smartfrog-tasks.html

compile-tests:
[sf-javac-with-ant] Compiling 12 source files to
/x1/gump/public/workspace/smartfrog/extras/ant/build/test/classes
[sf-javac-with-ant]
/x1/gump/public/workspace/smartfrog/extras/ant/test/org/smartfrog/tools/ant/test/TaskTestBase.java:22:
cannot find symbol
[sf-javac-with-ant] symbol  : class BuildFileTest
[sf-javac-with-ant] location: package org.apache.tools.ant
[sf-javac-with-ant] import org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest;
[sf-javac-with-ant]                             ^
[sf-javac-with-ant]
/x1/gump/public/workspace/smartfrog/extras/ant/test/org/smartfrog/tools/ant/test/TaskTestBase.java:31:
cannot find symbol
[sf-javac-with-ant] symbol: class BuildFileTest
[sf-javac-with-ant] public abstract class TaskTestBase extends
BuildFileTest {

Yet I have a dependency on the ant-testutil package

   <!-- =========================================== -->
   <project name="smartfrog-tasks-test">
     <package>org.smartfrog.tools.ant</package>
     <ant basedir="extras/ant" target="test" >
       <property name="ant.home" reference="home" project="ant"/>
       <property name="env.SFHOME" path="smartfrog/dist"
project="smartfrog"/>
       <property name="system.tests" value="false" />
     </ant>
     <depend project="ant" runtime="true"/>
     <depend project="ant-testutil" runtime="true" inherit="runtime"/>

which is in ant.xml

   <project name="ant-testutil">
     <ant target="test-jar"/>

     <depend project="ant"/>
     <depend project="junit"/>
     <depend project="xml-xerces"/>
     <depend project="xml-apis"/>

     <home nested="build/lib"/>
     <jar name="ant-testutil.jar" id="ant-testutil"/>

     <nag from="Gump Integration Build &lt;general@gump.apache.org&gt;"
          to="dev@ant.apache.org"/>
   </project>

Ant-testutil is building quite happily:

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ant/ant-testutil/index.html

Ignoring the fact that ant-testutil should maybe declare ant and junit
as runtime dependencies, surely I should be picking up ant-testutil from
the dependency list, instead of where it must have been being picked up
from -the ant-testutil-1.7.0beta.jar I had in SCM?

-steve

Re: ant-testutil?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Apr 2007, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I have a build - smartfrog-tasks - that's been failing since last
>> week, when I deleted a private copy of ant-testutil from our SCM
>> tree
>
> I wonder what your sf-javac-with-ant task does, it seems to be
> ignoring build.sysclasspath, otherwise it would never have used your
> in SCM version at all.

ooh. its just <javac> with the antclasspath turned on

     <!-- define a new javac task with new default options -->
     <presetdef name="sf-javac">
        <javac debug="${javac.debug.mode}"
             nowarn="true"
             deprecation="${javac.deprecation.mode}"
             source="${javac.java.version}"
             target="${javac.java.version}"
             includeAntRuntime="${javac.include.ant}"
             includes="**/*.java"

        </javac>
     </presetdef>

Maybe there's been some other change in the build process, which
triggered this (like tests being compiled earlier), rather than me
deleting the testutil jar.

>> Yet I have a dependency on the ant-testutil package
>
> No, you have not.
>
>>   <!-- =========================================== -->
>>   <project name="smartfrog-tasks-test">
>
> The failing project is smartfrog-tasks, not smartfrog-tasks-test - and
> the former doesn't declare any dependency on ant-testutil.

aah. fixed.

Re: ant-testutil?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> I have a build - smartfrog-tasks - that's been failing since last
> week, when I deleted a private copy of ant-testutil from our SCM
> tree

I wonder what your sf-javac-with-ant task does, it seems to be
ignoring build.sysclasspath, otherwise it would never have used your
in SCM version at all.

> Yet I have a dependency on the ant-testutil package

No, you have not.

>   <project name="smartfrog-tasks-test">

The failing project is smartfrog-tasks, not smartfrog-tasks-test - and
the former doesn't declare any dependency on ant-testutil.

Stefan