Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/04/01 04:15:41 UTC

[VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 2.1.10 is available for download

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-2.1.10RC1

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.1.10

The tag to be voted on is 2.1.10RC1:

https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.1.10RC1

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.1.10RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1387/

Artifacts were signed with the 9AD2AE49 key which can be found in:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

2.1.10 includes ~23 bug and improvement fixes done since the 2.1.9.

 To learn more about apache hbase, please see
http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 2.1.10 is available for download

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_172): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_172): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_172): ok
         - mvn package -P runAllTests

Posted by Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
The TestCanaryTool  is a mess, the output is flooded with "Failed to renew
lease" but I could get a successful run, finally.

This is my jdk version

openjdk version "1.8.0_222"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_222-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月3日周五 上午11:40写道:

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
[...]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Looking at the flaky list here:

https://builds.apache.org/job/HBASE-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-2.1/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dashboard.html

The TestQuotasShell was a problem and has been fixed already.

I could get a successful UT run locally.
With -PrunAllTests several tests in hbase-server module failed but when
running all UTs under hbase-server sequentially I can get a successful
result.

Let me try the these UTs.

Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月3日周五 上午10:24写道:

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
With 3 binding +1s, 1 -0, and 1 non-binding +1s, the vote passed.

Let me push out 2.1.10.

Thanks all for voting!

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月8日周三 上午9:02写道:

> Here is my +1.
>
> 张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月8日周三 上午8:59写道:
>
>> Got it. Thanks for helping analyzing it.
>>
>> Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月7日周二 下午10:16写道:
>>
>>> Sorry for the late response due to vacation.
>>>
>>> I could reproduce the failure by running `mvn
>>> -Dtest=TestHFileCleaner#testHFileCleaning clean test`, and from the log I
>>> found the root cause, simply because my username on the test machine
>>> includes a dot, and the error message is like:
>>> ===============================
>>>
>>> *2020-04-07 21:59:10,396 ERROR [dir-scan-pool1-thread-1]
>>> mob.ManualMobMaintHFileCleaner(90): Failed to determine mob status of
>>> 'hdfs://localhost:54176/user/

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.