Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/04/09 01:53:43 UTC

commit r495157 - use of system properties

Hi Vincent,

I was reviewing the commits for 2.0.9 and saw this one:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/maven-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/profiles/activation/FileProfileActivator.java?r1=495147&r2=609976&diff_format=h

Doesn't this need to be able to use the execution properties instead?
Since this isn't present in the activator, I'm wondering if the value
needs to be interpolated before the profile activators get it.

(not a blocker for 2.0.9, but it is present there and on trunk)

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: commit r495157 - use of system properties

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
There is a context value called "SystemProperties" that the
DefaultProfileManager is maintaining. That's how the system-property
profile activator is working. Just make the activator
Contextualizable, and you can pull that properties instance for use
in place of System.getProperties().

-john

On Apr 9, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 09/04/2008, at 9:49 PM, Vincent Siveton wrote:
>
>> Hi Brett,
>>
>> 2008/4/8, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
>>> Hi Vincent,
>>>
>>> I was reviewing the commits for 2.0.9 and saw this one:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/branches/
>>> maven-2.0.x/maven-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/profiles/
>>> activation/FileProfileActivator.java?
>>> r1=495147&r2=609976&diff_format=h
>>>
>>> Doesn't this need to be able to use the execution properties
>>> instead? Since
>>
>> WDYM by execution properties?
>
> The env and sysprops are passed in from the CLI via a properties
> object in the session now, I think. This is particularly emphasised
> on trunk, but I think it's also available on the branch.
>

>>> this isn't present in the activator, I'm wondering if the value
>>> needs to be
>>> interpolated before the profile activators get it.
>>
>> In the DefaultProfileManager?
>

> That's what I was thinking...
>
> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

Re: commit r495157 - use of system properties

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

2008/4/8, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> Hi Vincent,
>
>  I was reviewing the commits for 2.0.9 and saw this one:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x/maven-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/profiles/activation/FileProfileActivator.java?r1=495147&r2=609976&diff_format=h
>
>  Doesn't this need to be able to use the execution properties instead? Since

WDYM by execution properties?

> this isn't present in the activator, I'm wondering if the value needs to be
> interpolated before the profile activators get it.

In the DefaultProfileManager?

Cheers,

Vincent