Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ei...@gmail.com on 2015/07/23 21:28:44 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI directives not working on page used in ErrorDocument directive

Firstly SSI directives are working on my server. If i access the file
directly everything functions as expected.

Working example & file path explanation -
1. Enter in browser: http://example.com/apps/pagenotfound/index.html
2. This is a symlink to: /temp/comp/apps/applayer/index.html

The issue arises when I plug the 404 page into my Error Document as follows:

ErrorDocument 404 /apps/pagenotfound/index.html

If I then type in a trash page it calls the custom 404 page correctly
but none of the SSI directives seem function.

Re: [users@httpd] Fwd: SSI directives not working on page used in ErrorDocument directive

Posted by ", ," <us...@gmail.com>.
I have Apache configured to parse all html files for SSI directives. I
did try re-naming it to .shtml just to make sure though and it still
does not fire the SSI directives, I even removed all but the example
you have there but it still doesn't function.

Still works when hitting directly, but not when used int he ErrorDocument.

The only difference i have is I'm using
Options IncludesNOEXEC

But I'm not using any exec directives so that shouldn't be the issue could it?

Posted by ", ," <us...@gmail.com>.
So I assumed that even though my ErrorDocument was defined outside of
the directory where I have SSI parsing enabled it woudl be alright
since it references a file that is stored i that directory.

This does not seem to be the case though as when I added
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html before the ErrorDocument definition it
now functions.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by ei...@gmail.com.