Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Kessler CTR Mark J via users <us...@royale.apache.org> on 2022/10/03 11:36:30 UTC

RE: [Non-DoD Source] UIComponent and transformation matrix

One benefit of being the JS environment is the ability to assign external CSS which can also cover transforms.

-Mark K

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J via users <us...@royale.apache.org>.
That's up to how you want to implement it.  Since we (our corporate team, not the Royale project) have gotten rid of our old Flex backwards compatibility, we were able to completely offloaded all styles, transitions, effects to CSS. The native ones in the web browser are much better than the ones we used in flex IMO. Royale still has to end up with the browsers features / limitations in the long run if you target web, so we shortcut the process this way.

Just my 2c

-Mark K

The rotation is dynamically applied with different angles while the user clicks and drags the mouse button, would CSS still be suitable for that use case?

Posted by CapitanoG76 <ca...@gmail.com>.