Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by pa...@club-internet.fr on 2003/09/30 11:12:45 UTC

abort a search

Do you know a way with lucene to abort a search (with a timeout or after collecting n results for exemple) ?

Thanks for your advice
Philippe Cossard

Re: abort a search

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Philippe,

I had to approve your message to the list as you are not subscribed (at
least not with this address), so I'm copying you on this reply.

Using a HitCollector and doing your own timeout logic is one way to do
this, or to spin the search into a separate thread that can be killed
after a timeout period is another.

	Erik

Re: abort a search

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.