Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> on 2000/12/17 14:19:50 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr CHANGES aclocal.m4

trawick@locus.apache.org writes:

> trawick     00/12/17 05:12:12
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES aclocal.m4
>   Log:
>   Tighten up the check for getaddrinfo().  If it can't figure out
>   the appropriate address family for 127.0.0.1, it fails.
>   Unfortunately, Tru64 fails this test so we won't do IPv6 on
>   Tru64.

Note that it is easy enough to handle numeric address strings properly
and portably in apr_getaddrinfo() by writing the code ourselves.
Unfortunately, the Tru64 getaddrinfo() won't handle AF_UNSPEC with
hosts either, so writing explicit code to handle numeric address
strings is a false solution.

Yuck!

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...