Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Helmut Tammen <HT...@htsystemloesungen.de> on 2004/01/15 16:16:59 UTC

[Woody] Error in date convertor?

On a woody form I want to use a field to select a month. Therefore I use
the following code. Everything is looking fine. But when I select
"April" the variable selectedMonth (see below) is set to 31st of March.
When using a workaround (see workaround) I get the right date (1st of
April) but in the form I can´t select the month alone but the month and
year together.
Is it an error of woody?

Helmut

Model:
   <wd:field id="month" required="true">
       <wd:label>Wählen Sie den Bearbeitungsmonat aus:</wd:label>
       <wd:datatype base="date">
         <wd:convertor type="formatting">
           <wd:patterns>
             <wd:pattern>MMMM</wd:pattern>
           </wd:patterns>
         </wd:convertor>
       </wd:datatype>
       <wd:selection-list>
         <!-- The convertor element here is used to specify how the
              values in the value attributes of the wd:item elements
              should be interpreted. -->
         <wd:convertor type="formatting">
           <wd:patterns>
             <wd:pattern>MM</wd:pattern>
           </wd:patterns>
         </wd:convertor>
         <wd:item value="01"/>
         <wd:item value="02"/>
         <wd:item value="03"/>
         <wd:item value="04"/>
         <wd:item value="05"/>
         <wd:item value="06"/>
         <wd:item value="07"/>
         <wd:item value="08"/>
         <wd:item value="09"/>
         <wd:item value="10"/>
         <wd:item value="11"/>
         <wd:item value="12"/>
       </wd:selection-list>
     </wd:field>

Template:
<wt:widget id="month"/>

Flow:
var model = form.getModel();
var selectedMonth = model.month

Workaround:
   <wd:field id="month" required="true">
       <wd:label>Wählen Sie den Bearbeitungsmonat aus:</wd:label>
       <wd:datatype base="date">
         <wd:convertor type="formatting">
           <wd:patterns>
             <wd:pattern>MMMM.yyyy</wd:pattern>
           </wd:patterns>
         </wd:convertor>
       </wd:datatype>
       <wd:selection-list>
         <!-- The convertor element here is used to specify how the
              values in the value attributes of the wd:item elements
              should be interpreted. -->
         <wd:convertor type="formatting">
           <wd:patterns>
             <wd:pattern>dd.MM.yyyy</wd:pattern>
           </wd:patterns>
         </wd:convertor>
         <wd:item value="01.01.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.02.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.03.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.04.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.05.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.06.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.07.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.08.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.09.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.10.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.11.2004"/>
         <wd:item value="01.12.2004"/>
       </wd:selection-list>
     </wd:field>

Re: [Woody] Error in date convertor?

Posted by Helmut Tammen <HT...@htsystemloesungen.de>.
Jim Horner schrieb:

>>             <wd:pattern>MM</wd:pattern>
>>           </wd:patterns>
>>         </wd:convertor>
>>         <wd:item value="01"/>
>

> java.util.Calendar.JANUARY = 0 ... could starting from 1 instead of 0 be the
> problem?

When starting from 0 December is the first month in the list.

When starting from 1 it works fine for Jan., Feb. and March. But from
April on it´s delivering the wrong date (last day of the month before).

Re: [Woody] Error in date convertor?

Posted by Jim Horner <jh...@arinbe.com>.