Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Mary Hinton <m....@nc.rr.com> on 2012/11/29 00:59:40 UTC

PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

Hi,

I'm trying to use  the optional amqp 1.0 support for qpid within cmake, but
I get the following message in debug mode:

CMake Error at src/amqp.cmake:38 (message):

  Qpid proton not found, required for amqp 1.0 support.

I have the environment system variables - PROTON_HOME and PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR
set. Does anyone know what else I might need to set?

I'm working in Windows and have a Windows version of proton working. I also
had a qpid windows project setup, but I'm trying to setup the latest qpid
code with amqp 1.0 support.

Thanks,

Mary

RE: PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

Posted by Mary Hinton <m....@nc.rr.com>.
the amqp project is using amqpd by default = the amqp project when compiled
is named amqpd.dll by default

Re: PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for asking!  But please note that AMQP-1.0 support on Windows
is incrementally being added at this point, with the latest bits being
SSL capability.  A push-button build and full ctest integration is
still in the future.  You will get the best results working from the
latest pending releases:

  http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.7rc2/

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/0.28/

I currently build by hand, loosely as follows:

- Choose 64 or 32 bit (or perform steps below twice in separate locations)
- Install pre-requisites: boost, python to match bit-ness
- Install cmake, ruby and swig (bit-ness doesn't matter)

- cmake Proton setting CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\some\path
- build INSTALL target for Proton in Visual Studio twice (Debug RelWithDebInfo)

- cmake Qpid as for Proton but also set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=C:\some\path
- confirm cmake says: "Qpid proton found, amqp 1.0 support enabled"
- if not check paths set in C:\some\path\lib\cmake\Proton\ProtonConfig.cmake
- build Debug and/or RelWithDebInfo versions

Be sure to read the README files.  That, plus the above should get you
going.  You will want to set your PATH to find python and ruby and
swig, set BOOST_ROOT and BOOST_VERSION, and be consistent about 32/64
bit-ness when setting environment variables or selecting Visual Studio
build options.

The magic for Qpid to "find" Proton has changed very recently, so
someone may suggest a better way to instruct cmake than I suggested
above.  With luck, someone may chime in and point you to a build
script if they have one.

Cliff

RE: PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

Posted by DHF <fh...@163.com>.
Hi MaryDHinton,

RE: PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

On 11/28/2012 11:59 PM, Mary Hinton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use  the optional amqp 1.0 support for qpid within
> cmake, but I get the following message in debug mode:
>
> CMake Error at src/amqp.cmake:38 (message):
>
>    Qpid proton not found, required for amqp 1.0 support.
>

> I have the environment system variables - PROTON_HOME and
> PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR set. Does anyone know what else I might need to set?

On linux we use pkg_config and if you set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to wherever you
installed proton then it finds it. I believe the pkg_config macros for cmake
*should* do something on widnows, but I don't know exactly what is required
there.

ANy of the cmake experts able to comment?

> I'm working in Windows and have a Windows version of proton working. I
> also had a qpid windows project setup, but I'm trying to setup the
> latest qpid code with amqp 1.0 support.

If pkg_config won't work on windows then worst case we will need to add some
windows specific mechanism for locating the proton depenency.

Re: PROTON - amqp 1.0 support

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.