Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Domingo Aguilera <do...@sinergia.com.mx> on 2001/05/23 17:19:23 UTC

SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI

Gentlemen,

I have installed successfully 2.2RC2 version of ApacheSoap in a Linux box.
I am also using Tomcat redirected from Apache via jserv.

I have installed the stockquoteservice successfully an run the GetQuote
client without a problem.

Now what I am trying to do is developing a service, that converts numbers to
words in Spanish.  To create the service I've just added the line

package samples.stockquote;

to my working ALetras java class.

Also I added a GetValueX() method which takes a number in a String and
returns a String with the translation to words, i.e. "100" = "CIEN" ( one
hundred ).

I 've compiled to .class file and installed in the
/soap2_2/samples/stockquote directory.

I've deployed the service using ServiceManagerClient with a slightly
modified version of DeployDescriptor.xml which I named ALetras.xml that use
urn:aletras .  One difference between my class and the StockQuoteService is
that mine returns a String instead of a float.  Is that difference important
for the xml descriptor file?

Now, the client program is GetLetras which is very similar to GetQuote.java.

The problem is that I'm always getting the following message:

Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
Fault String = Unable to resolve target object: samples/stockquote/ALetras

Any ideas?

Tks in advance.

Domingo Aguilera

RE: SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI

Posted by Domingo Aguilera <do...@sinergia.com.mx>.
Yes, the class file is in the same directory as x/samples/stockquote