Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by "Ramasamy, Sud" <su...@metlife.com> on 2016/06/03 18:59:30 UTC

SOAP GetContentStream and extensions in the response

I see that the current code for the ObjectService.GetContentStream operation does not support returning extensions in the SOAP response. The use case we are trying to implement is to return the content stream along with the document metadata in the same response.

Any suggestions how we should approach this. Does it make sense to enhance GetContentStream to support extensions in the response? Or is there a different operation that is more appropriate for our use case or should simply using GetContentStream and GetObject with two separate calls to get both content and metadata?

-sud

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.

RE: SOAP GetContentStream and extensions in the response

Posted by "Ramasamy, Sud" <su...@metlife.com>.
So sounds like the limitation we have is that the other bindings don't have a way to support extensions in the response for getContentStream. So it wouldn't make sense to introduce this for the SOAP binding since the code impact is common to all the bindings.

Thanks for the clarification and helpful hints.

-sud

the intention of the CMIS spec is that a client calls getObject and getContentStream separately.

Technically (although not implemented in OpenCMIS), it would be possible to transport additional data with the content with the Web Services binding. But that is not standardized and wouldn't work with the other bindings. I would advised against it.

- Florian

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sud,