Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2007/01/08 17:48:29 UTC

Comment validators done; testing notes

I wrapped up comment validators last week.
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_CommentValidators

And I added these testing notes to the proposal:

A simple test case that covers most bases:

* Create an entry in a weblog with comments enabled
** Use email address A for weblog's "Email address of weblog owner"

* Post nice friendly non-spam comment X on that entry and:
** Use email address B
** Check the "Notify me of new comments" check-box

* Wait a minute for email to arrive
** Email address A should be notified of new comment X

* Now post a comment Y that Roller's default setup will consider spam:
** Use more than 1000 characters
** More than 3 links
** Words that are in the blacklist

* Wait minute for emails to arrive:
** Email address A should get a comment Y failed validation message,
listing reasons
** Email address B should not be notified because comment Y is spam

* Even the the second comment is spam, approve it for display
** Now email address B should be notified of new comment Y