Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by cracru <cr...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/18 22:43:19 UTC

AbstractEngine.cleanupAfterRequest AWOL

It seems that cleanupAfterRequest() is no longer being called during
service() processing. I grep'd 4.0 b4 source and there seems to be no
references to the method.

In T4, what is the preferred method for releasing resources at the end
of a request?

Thanks, C.

Re: AbstractEngine.cleanupAfterRequest AWOL

Posted by cracru <cr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Howard! (for both answers)

-C.

Re: property-specification should be optional most of the time and uses annotation when need extra info

Posted by Mark Dillon <md...@gmail.com>.
Hey Sebastien.  In tap 4, you only need to have the abstact getter in
your class for properties.  If you want the property to be persistent,
you do something like this:

@Persist
public abstract int getCounter();

No page specification required...

Cheers,
Mark

Posted by Serge Eby <sd...@hotmail.com>.
Check the link below:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/tapestry-annotations/index.html#Persist

--
Serge

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
There's  two different pipelines that you can easily plug into to
provide whatever pre- and post-request processing you want.  The outer
pipeline is based on the Servlet API; the inner pipeline is based on
the WebRequest API (an abstraction around Servlets or Portlets).

There are configuration points to which you can contribute filters.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/tapestry/hivedocs/config/tapestry.request.ServletRequestServicerPipeline.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/tapestry/hivedocs/config/tapestry.request.WebRequestServicerPipeline.html

On 8/18/05, cracru <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that cleanupAfterRequest() is no longer being called during
> service() processing. I grep'd 4.0 b4 source and there seems to be no
> references to the method.
>
> In T4, what is the preferred method for releasing resources at the end
> of a request?
>
> Thanks, C.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry