Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> on 2013/03/12 08:50:04 UTC

Experimental Integration into Mahout

Hi fellow Giraphers,

(experimental) future integration of Giraph. Might be good to hear your
opinion about that.

Best,
Sebastian

Re: Experimental Integration into Mahout

Posted by Gustavo Enrique Salazar Torres <gs...@ime.usp.br>.
+1 (examples could be used for tutorial purposes).

--
Gustavo Salazar Torres
---------------------------------

Re: Experimental Integration into Mahout

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@cloudera.com>.
+1

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> On 12.03.2013 20:33, Jake Mannix wrote:
> > +1 to this distinction
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> My thoughts were that examples would be like toy examples (not suitable
> >> for production) that might be used, say, for unittesting.  Applications
> >> would be full-fledged ready to run applications that should have
> perhaps a
> >> supporting input format for actual data.

> and

> new
> other

> the
> have
> it ?

> there

> http://www.psi.toronto.edu/**affinitypropagation/**>
> http://www.psi.toronto.edu/affinitypropagation/FreyDueckScience07.pdf>

> potential
> your

Mirko Kämpf

*Trainer* @ Cloudera

tel: +49 *176 20 63 51 99*
skype: *kamir1604*
mirko@cloudera.com

Re: Experimental Integration into Mahout

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 to this distinction

--

  -jake

Re: Experimental Integration into Mahout

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Experimental Integration into Mahout

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
HI Nicolas,

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
The discussion is centered around potentially using Giraph as a BSP
framework for implementing machine learning algorithms. But it's really
only about the future (in terms of the next months/years). And it's
totally open what the result will be.

You already said that Giraph is a perfect fit, so I'd suggest thats the
place to contribute your code.

/s

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.