Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rachel <we...@rachelandrew.co.uk> on 2003/04/13 00:52:27 UTC

forms, taglibs and properties - newbie unsure how to approach

Hi

I have a few questions to do with creating forms. I need to create a
payment form which gets some information about invoices from the database
and posts it to a third party payment gateway. I have an action that gets
the info from the database and puts it in a bean so I can write it out to
the page. The form I need to write it into consists of various things and I
have a few questions really on how you do this when using Struts.

In the form are hidden fields, the hidden fields have to have the specific
names for passing to the payment gateway. I don't have a bean with these in
so I get an error if I write:

should I just write these out as standard html form fields in the jsp?

some of the hidden fields then need to get information from the bean - such
as the amount of the invoice. I'm not sure how I write out that value into
a hidden field

property="invoiceAmount"/>" />

can't be correct ... what should I be using here?

If anyone could point me in the right direction with how I should
approachthese forms that would be great :)

Thanks

Rachel