Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Lawrence, Sean" <Se...@ManTech.com> on 2012/08/09 16:32:54 UTC

wicket-guice and Logger injection

Hi,

I'm attempting to use wicket-guice to inject Logger references into my application with logging.

So instead of:

Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(HomePage.class);

I would rather:

@Log
Logger logger;

I've followed the guice documentation closely and have been frustratingly unable to get these statements working. Does anyone have any experience with this and can provide insight to why it's not (see links below)? All other objects I have provided or binded are getting injected, however, all my logger statements are throwing NPE.

See the following two links for the documentation I have been using. I also have a quick-start wicket application that I have prepared if anyone is curious (it's a zipped up eclipse project ... I may have to rename .zippp to get around the corporate firewall)

http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/wiki/CustomInjections

http://forkbomb-blog.de/2012/slf4j-logger-injection-with-guice

I have also tried the Sli4j library, but was getting NPEs as well: http://sli4j.googlecode.com/svn/site/1.0/index.html Does anyone have experience with sli4j?

Finally, does anyone have a maven archetype? My coworker is looking into adding logger injection to the 55minutes prototype.

Thank you!

Sean Lawrence

________________________________
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or copy this message and any attachments.

Re: wicket-guice and Logger injection

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

Keep in mind that Guice isn't directly injecting your Wicket components.
That happens through org.apache.wicket.guice.GuiceComponentInjector. More
specifically, see GuiceFieldValueFactory#supportsField() which only
recognizes @Inject annotated fields as requiring injection.

HTH,
Dan