Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Tim Miller <ti...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/04/02 17:28:53 UTC

Re: cTakes with java web application

Gira,
Your use case is probably one that will become more and more common, and
cTAKES devs do similar things all the time. I think the hangup to new or
non-dev users (and probably something we need to document better) is
that cTAKES is built on top of UIMA, and so the techniques for running
pipelines and extracting information are actually UIMA and
UIMAFit-based, and so there is nothing like the traditional javadocs
explaining a cTAKES API to rely on.

Pei's sample code is basically UIMA and UIMAFit standard code that
points at cTAKES pipelines, then once that is working the real cTAKES
part is basically just understanding the type system so you know how to
use UIMA API calls to extract the information you need. So maybe better
documentation of the type system (maybe in javadoc style) is something
that cTAKES should prioritize.

Tim

Posted by Kannan Thiagarajan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kim.

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan

Re: cTakes with java web application

Posted by Kannan Thiagarajan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kim.

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan

Re: cTakes with java web application

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.
Hi Kannan,

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.
Hi Kannan,

Posted by Andy McMurry <mc...@gmail.com>.
Since we are on the topic of "fronting" the application to a high performance backend cluster, I invite you all to check out our Apache friends at MAHOUT

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Algorithms

Posted by Andy McMurry <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kannan Thiagarajan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Kim,

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan

Re: cTakes with java web application

Posted by Kannan Thiagarajan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Kim,

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan

Re: cTakes with java web application

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.
Hi Kannan,

Posted by Kannan Thiagarajan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Best Regards
Kannan Thiagarajan

Re: cTakes with java web application

Posted by giri vara prasad nambari <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim and Team,

I see. Now I am getting more clarity on the way I need to spend my time.

cTakes is more on defining type systems and pipeline. UIMA/UIMA-Fit is the
code which really process the text based on cTakes definitions to extract
information. Am I correct?

I know your time is valuable, but, could some one help me with any
documentation for UIMA-Fit client code (and/or) related documentation? (I
just started on this domain, so any pointers would be really helpful).

Thanks for your time.

Thank you,
Giri

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Tim Miller <

Posted by giri vara prasad nambari <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim and Team,

Posted by Kannan Thiagarajan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello,