Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/09/25 17:58:00 UTC

resolver 1.1 release?

Hi,

you may remember me posting about a backwards incompatible code change
in resolver about 10 months ago, shortly after the 1.0 release.

After that we (the Ant developers) went on and patched Ant's CVS HEAD
so that it compiles against the CVS HEAD version of resolver but won't
work with the 1.0 release.  Now, finally the time for out first beta
release of Ant 1.6 is getting very close (i.e. next week).

Could you please release resolver 1.1 or at least a beta that we could
point people to?  If not, what is missing for a release?  Is there
anything we could do to help with it?

Without a release of resolver's current HEAD, we'd have to revert to
the 1.0 compatible code - which would mean that Ant 1.6 will not work
with any newer version of resolver once it gets released.

Personally I've been using a Gump built resolver.jar (i.e. CVS HEAD)
for many months now without ever seeing problems, but it doesn't get
used to heavily.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: resolver 1.1 release?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, shane curcuru <sh...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Working on parts of it

Thanks, Shane.

> - but I'm going on my first family vacation in years tonight to a
> place with little networking,

8-)

Enjoy it, have fun.

> When specifically would you be releasing an Ant build?

The first beta is due at the begining of next week.  Personally I
wouldn't have a problem with pointing people to a Gump built
resolver.jar (<http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/xml-commons/> for
example) in the first beta as long as I'm confident that there'll be
an official release before Ant 1.6 final (which will take a few weeks,
at least - I think 1.5 has been released six or eight weeks after the
first release candidate).

Stefan

Re: resolver 1.1 release?

Posted by sh...@us.ibm.com.
Working on parts of it - but I'm going on my first family vacation in
years tonight to a place with little networking, so I doubt I can finish
it.  I'm hoping David (forrest master for commons) and Norm (Mr. Resolver)
can finish up somehow, especially since they have some odd paths to
doc-related things in the resolver.xml build file.

When specifically would you be releasing an Ant build?  I get back from
vacation on Monday afternoon.

- Shane