Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Ankit ladhania <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/11 16:45:19 UTC

Project for GSoC 2016

Hi,
I'm a final year student pursuing Bachelors in Computer Science and
Engineering from Indian School of Mines (IIT), Dhanbad.

I have studied and analyzed VXQuery and I think I would be a good fit for
"Web-based Query Interface" project based on the prior experiences in
Amazon, WebEngage and many other projects. I'm a Full-Stack Developer with
expertise in Java and JavaScript (Node.js).

I have few queries regarding the project :

   - What is the difficulty level of the project as per you and how much
   time should it take for completion?
   - The AST of the query is given in the form of text through present
   system and there is no other way to extract it. Can I make few changes in
   the Core to get it in desired format ?
   - The documentation of the test suite is wrong. Can anyone direct me to
   correct doc.
   - What are the different technologies that are to be used in the front
   end? I think Bootstrap, d3.js will be sufficient.
   - Is there any authentication/authorization layer involved in the
   project ?

I'm really excited about the project and am looking forward to take it as
my GSoC project.

Regards,
Ankit