Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/05 10:57:27 UTC

Calculating metrics real time

Hi,

I have to calculate some complicated metrics like click through rate ,
click value rate and conversions on real time data using flink. But I am
not sure what functionality of flink should I use to program this because
it involves collection of some records in memory for certain time may be 1
minute and then using formula for calculating metrics on those records.

Am I correct with my approach or is there any preferred approach for such
tasks in flink? Can I use windows for doing this? Any tutorial or example
would be really great.

Rahul Raj

Re: Calculating metrics real time

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
That depends on the state backend [1] that you are using.
If you use the RocksDBStateBackend, state is written to RocksDB which
persists to disk.

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/ops/state_backends.html

Posted by Rahul Raj <ra...@gmail.com>.