Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> on 2013/05/13 12:17:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1481772 - in /subversion/trunk: build/ac-macros/compiler.m4 configure.ac

On 13.05.2013 12:06, brane@apache.org wrote:
> Author: brane
> Date: Mon May 13 10:06:04 2013
> New Revision: 1481772

> Log:
> Second attempt at dealing with newer clang's propensity to accept, yet warn
> about, unknown warning flags.

I hope this fixes the compilation problems we've seen. I tested with
clang 3.2 and gcc, but it should, according docs etc., work with any
clang >=3.0.

If no-one reports any problems, I'll add this revision to the existing
backport proposal for 1.8.1.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej

Re: svn commit: r1481772 - in /subversion/trunk: build/ac-macros/compiler.m4 configure.ac

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Branko Čibej wrote:

> On 13.05.2013 12:06, brane@apache.org wrote:
>>  Log:
>>  Second attempt at dealing with newer clang's propensity to accept, yet
>> warn  about, unknown warning flags.
>
> I hope this fixes the compilation problems we've seen. I tested with
> clang 3.2 and gcc, but it should, according docs etc., work with any
> clang >=3.0.

I confirm that this patch improves the GCC experience for me.  Before this, the build was adding '-Wno-unknown-warning-option' to the GCC invocation, and GCC complained about that being an unrecognized option; after this, the build no longer adds that option.

When I use clang (version 3.0-6ubuntu3), the build adds '-Werror=unknown-warning-option', and that works fine too.

- Julian