Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2010/09/05 20:14:42 UTC

[ApacheDS] HTTP transport and data exchange in JSON format for LDAP

hello dev and users,

   I have been working on an idea of sending ldap data in json format over http

   The clients can be written in either pure javascript or java. For
demonstration purpose
   I have implemented a new LdapConnection(java) with http as
transport, so it can be
   used with client-api.

   Download the server[1] with http service enabled and a simple ldap browser
   client[2] to demonstrate the feature of communicating with a LDAP server in
   JSON format over http

  Please extract the server and run the apacheds.sh script and once the
  started run the client application using 'java -jar' command

  All the source code is present at [3]

 appreciate any feedback

 P.S:- apologies for the cross post, wanted to let both dev and users
know about it

Kiran Ayyagari

[1] http://people.apache.org/~kayyagari/apacheds-noarch-1.5.8.tar.gz

[2] http://people.apache.org/~kayyagari/directory-http-ui-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/kayyagari/http-directory

Re: [ApacheDS] HTTP transport and data exchange in JSON format for LDAP

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Kiran,

It sounds like a very good idea.

I will give it a try in the afternoon.