Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/16 02:05:29 UTC

Re: Tapestry sub-projects / related projects

I mostly just wanted to edit the subject line so we don't keep
treading all over Jeromes announcement.

I agree...The current site + demo do tend to be ajax driven, but there
was a glimmer of hope that we'd be able to support more services and
other things as well...Don't let my opinion sway anyone from starting
whichever projects they like of course, I'll support all of them
either way. ;)

Speaking of Tacos, I think it'd be nice if at a minimum Andreas had
admin support on it finally. What do you say Viktor?

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Tapestry sub-projects / related projects

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That's what I was hoping / waiting to hear....I guess until that
happens - it looks like the right perms are setup for Andreas or
myself now Jerome.

I'd ping Andreas off-list (or me if he's not inclined - just seemed
more appropriate since tacos is kind of his domain now ) to get setup
with a T5 area for Tacos.

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That's annoying...Well..However you get a reference to the page
service in T3 (i don't remember off hand ) should be enough for you to
do a getLink().buildURL() call to generate a url for that page.

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Try getAbsoluteURL() on the page link...It's opening a new window with
a url of ("/pingfederate" - which your browser won't know how to
handle so it defaults to thinking you must be trying to open a local
file.

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Nick,
Thanks for all your help that worked.  I believe that one of my developers thought that providing a window name would cause IE to blow up.  Which is why we don't have window names on any of our pop-ups.  And they went as far as to create individual classes for pop-ups rather than using the .jwc<sigh/>.

As I have time, I will be RIPPING out all of their implementations! <HEAVY_SIGH/>!

regards,

Mark

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
I took a look at our local pop-up renderer.  It appears, at some point, that setting the window name caused an error with IE, has anyone seen this behavior?

thanks,

Mark

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
Mark,

Have you tried the "NewWindowLink" in tassel?
http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/
ViewComponent&sp=SNewWindowLink

Robert

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Hi Mark.

RE: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Re: Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Tapestry 3.0.3 Popups

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes definitely Jerome.  If you ping me off list with your sourceforge
username I'll give you commit privs.

Posted by Jérôme BERNARD <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Did you guys get in touch?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jérôme BERNARD <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jérôme BERNARD,
Kalixia, SARL.

Re: Tapestry sub-projects / related projects

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
+1 from me