Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Joaquim Carvalho <jr...@bookmarc.pt> on 2002/06/04 14:04:42 UTC

Can I get a Velocity version for Java 1.18

Hello,

I need a version of Velocity for java 1.18.

I had saved a Velocity 0.75 for this but I am getting a class not found
related to HashMap

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/HashMap
        at
org.apache.velocity.context.InternalContextBase.<init>
(InternalContextBase.java:83)

For some reason I though 0.75 was good for java 1.18 but obvously I am
wrong.

Any solution other than goind through the Velocity code and replace the
collections classes with references to the ones Sun supplies in
collections.zip?

Joaquim

RE: Can I get a Velocity version for Java 1.18

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
I think that the rt.jar way could get you into seriously trouble.

As mentioned before, there is a collections.zip file that backports
the collections API to JDK 1.1. Some URLs:
- To download it:
  http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/infobus/#DOWNLOAD_COLLECTIONS

- To know what it is:
  http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/infobus/collectionsreadme.html

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Joaquim Carvalho <jr...@bookmarc.pt>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 6/4/02 8:04 AM, "Joaquim Carvalho" <jr...@bookmarc.pt> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need a version of Velocity for java 1.18.

Wow.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.