Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by mjparme <mj...@west.com> on 2011/10/17 15:24:15 UTC

Can't run "svn" after compiling on 1.7 Mac OS 10.7

I compiled Subversion 1.7 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 and when trying to run any "svn"
operation I get the following error:

mjparme:~/java_projects/mtllib:65> svn status
svn: E200029: Couldn't perform atomic initialization
svn: E200030: Could not initialize SQLite shared cache

I found a similar post from just last week:

http://old.nabble.com/Problem-with-checkout-for-1.7.0-rc4-td32626793.html

but it seemed to suggest that a patch was made to the source code that
should prevent this from occurring. Indeed, when I check the source code the
patch that is in that thread does seem to have made it into the released
version of 1.7.

Does anyone have any insight how I can build a runnable version of 1.7 for
Mac OS?

Re: Can't run "svn" after compiling on 1.7 Mac OS 10.7

Posted by mjparme <mj...@west.com>.
I downloaded the SQL amalgamation file from here
http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-amalgamation-3070800.zip then unzipped it on my
Desktop then ran configure like so:

./configure
--with-sqlite=/Users/mjparme/Desktop/sqlite-amalgamation-3070800/sqlite3.c

and now all is well.

Re: Can't run "svn" after compiling on 1.7 Mac OS 10.7

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I also use Lion.  I am simply saying that I was used to building
against MacPorts because earlier versions of OSX did not have up to
date dependencies.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM, mjparme <mj...@west.com> wrote:

> Lion comes with Sqlite 3.7.5:
>
> mjparme:~:14> /usr/bin/sqlite3 -version
> 3.7.5
>
> The INSTALL file says: "Subversion 1.7 requires SQLite version 3.6.18 or
> above. "
>
> I am going to try building it with the sqlite amalgamation sqlite.c file and
> see what that does for me.
>

> Mark Phippard-3 wrote:
>>
>> I have not had any problem on OSX but I am guessing that is because I
>> build against the SQLite from MacPorts.  I have never tried using the
>> SQLite that comes from Apple.  I believe on older versions of OSX it
>> was older than the version that SVN wanted.  Here is my configure
>> scripts:

Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Can't run "svn" after compiling on 1.7 Mac OS 10.7

Posted by mjparme <mj...@west.com>.
Lion comes with Sqlite 3.7.5:

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have not had any problem on OSX but I am guessing that is because I
build against the SQLite from MacPorts.  I have never tried using the
SQLite that comes from Apple.  I believe on older versions of OSX it
was older than the version that SVN wanted.  Here is my configure
scripts:

CFLAGS=-Wall \
./configure \
    --prefix=/Users/myid/local \
    --enable-maintainer-mode \
    --enable-javahl \
    --disable-mod-activation \
    --without-apache-libexecdir \
    --disable-nls \
    --with-apr=/opt/local/bin/apr-1-config \
    --with-apr-util=/opt/local/bin/apu-1-config \
    --with-neon=/opt/local \
    --with-serf=/Users/myid/local \
    --with-sqlite=/opt/local \
    --with-junit=/opt/local/share/java/junit.jar

As you can see I get most of my dependencies from MacPorts.  I believe
when Jeremy Whitlock builds the OSX binaries that he provides he
builds most of the dependencies himself.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM, mjparme <mj...@west.com> wrote:

> Are Mac users out of luck until Subversion 1.7.1 then? Is it possible to
> apply that patch against the source I got from the tar ball? I tried, but
> get this:
>
> mjparme:~/temp/subversion-1.7.0:91> patch -p1 < patch.in
> can't find file to patch at input line 3
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |--- subversion/libsvn_subr/sqlite.c    (revision 1181650)
> |+++ subversion/libsvn_subr/sqlite.c    (working copy)
> --------------------------
>

> Mark Phippard-3 wrote:
>>
>> The patch you refer to will be in the 1.7.1 source code.  It is not in
>> the 1.7.0 code.

Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Can't run "svn" after compiling on 1.7 Mac OS 10.7

Posted by mjparme <mj...@west.com>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:24 AM, mjparme <mj...@west.com> wrote:

> I compiled Subversion 1.7 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 and when trying to run any "svn"
> operation I get the following error:
>
> mjparme:~/java_projects/mtllib:65> svn status
> svn: E200029: Couldn't perform atomic initialization
> svn: E200030: Could not initialize SQLite shared cache
>
> I found a similar post from just last week:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Problem-with-checkout-for-1.7.0-rc4-td32626793.html
>
> but it seemed to suggest that a patch was made to the source code that
> should prevent this from occurring. Indeed, when I check the source code the
> patch that is in that thread does seem to have made it into the released
> version of 1.7.
>
> Does anyone have any insight how I can build a runnable version of 1.7 for
> Mac OS?

Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/