Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2003/02/23 03:30:05 UTC

site confusion

Hi,

There seems to be two copies of generated site in CVS - avalon-site/docs and
avalon-site/site. Can I kill off avalon-site/docs ?

Also I have set up the avalon.apache.org site so that it is updated from CVS
every 6 hours.

Could someone go through the rest of avalon site and make sure there are no
longer any references to jakarta.apache.org/avalon. I want to kill off that
site as soon as possible.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
                -- Voltaire

Re: site confusion

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:37, Leo Simons wrote:
> not yet. We need to make sure all content on jakarta.apache.org/avalon
> is replicated at avalon.apache.org,

what needs to be done and why can't we just .htaccess it now?

> > Also I have set up the avalon.apache.org site so that it is updated from
> > CVS every 6 hours.
>
> cool. I've been wondering how this is done. Are you just running a
> crontab in your daedalus account or is there a central script?

Yep - just a cron job in my account.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
        -- Ramsey Clark

Re: site confusion

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There seems to be two copies of generated site in CVS - avalon-site/docs and
> avalon-site/site. Can I kill off avalon-site/docs ?

not yet. We need to make sure all content on jakarta.apache.org/avalon
is replicated at avalon.apache.org, then put in place a .htaccess file
for the former so it redirects, and only then can /docs be killed off.
Otherwise people will start seeing strange errors.

> Also I have set up the avalon.apache.org site so that it is updated from CVS
> every 6 hours.

cool. I've been wondering how this is done. Are you just running a
crontab in your daedalus account or is there a central script?

cheers,

- Leo

RE: site confusion

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Could someone go through the rest of avalon site and make sure there are
no
> longer any references to jakarta.apache.org/avalon.

See: http://cvs.apache.org/~noel/sites/avalon.apache.org/

http://cvs.apache.org/~noel/sites/avalon.apache.org/remoteX.html lists 95
files containing links to jakarta.apache.org/avalon.

	--- Noel