Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/04/28 20:43:23 UTC

Revision 397980 changes MessageId to ClientMessageId

Hi, all.  It turns out I needed iapi/reference/MessageId.java on the
client side, so I moved it to shared/common/reference.  Then, to avoid
class name confusion, I renamed client/am/MessageId to
client/am/ClientMessageId.  I just checked this change in (passes
derbynetclientmats cleanly).  This may cause some conflicts in your sandbox.

David

Re: Revision 397980 changes MessageId to ClientMessageId

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Yes, that's right, this change was in preparation for my next i18n patch
where the client will start referring to it.

But engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/reference/MessageId was modified to be
an empty class that extends
shared/org/apache/derby/shared/common/reference/MessageId.  How did
*that* compile correctly?

I just looked at it right now in the sandbox where I made this change,
and I see the error in NetBeans:

"cannot access org.apache.derby.shared.common.reference.MessageId: bad
class file."

So, I'm a bit stumped - it shouldn't have compiled, right?

I feel cursed - every time I try to run a smaller test suite something
goes wrong.  I feel like I should run derbyall even if I change
BUILDING.txt.

Anyway, thanks for fixing the bug.

David

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.