Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/06/02 04:22:48 UTC

Sun participation

Hi,

Just somenews for us all - apparently Sun is participating in the
development of Ant ;)

http://sunsource.net/

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Sun participation

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just somenews for us all - apparently Sun is participating in the
> development of Ant ;)

Well, they are promoting it and that is fine with me 8-)

The site you quote directly links over to jakarta and they even have

> Ant planning for 2.0
>
> Apache developer community initiates planning for follow-on to the
> popular Java based build tool.

with a link to antnews.html in the "Product Updates" section. So far I
like what they do.

Stefan

Re: Sun participation

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

I believe I saw it at theserverside.com who reported on it.

>It says that they are involved in the project...
>
>"Open Source projects Sun is involved in"
>
>Which, given that they originally funded the development of Ant and also
>donated it to us, I would say is a perfectly valid statement.

okay - haven't been to site yet. My browser or ISP seems to have issues
with it ;/

>What is your point?

No point. Just found it curious.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Sun participation

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/1/01 7:22 PM, "Peter Donald" <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just somenews for us all - apparently Sun is participating in the
> development of Ant ;)

Where does it say that?

It says that they are involved in the project...

"Open Source projects Sun is involved in"

Which, given that they originally funded the development of Ant and also
donated it to us, I would say is a perfectly valid statement.

What is your point?

-jon

--
"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
            -Steve Balmer, CEO Microsoft