Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ankit Dangi <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/29 06:02:06 UTC

'wan' application in 5.5.25

Hi all,

I was earlier using Apache Tomcat 5.5.20, and now am using 5.5.25. In the
'webapps' directory, I created an application with the name as 'wan'. It
works fine with .20, and doesn't work with .25. When I changed the name of
my application from 'wan' to something else, only then it works on .25. Why
is this happening? Has the term 'wan' kept as reserved in .25 version?

--
Ankit Dangi

RE: 'wan' application in 5.5.25

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ankit Dangi [mailto:dangiankit@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: 'wan' application in 5.5.25
>
> In the 'webapps' directory, I created an application
> with the name as 'wan'. It works fine with .20, and
> doesn't work with .25.

I have no problem running a simple webapp named 'wan' on 5.5.25.

What do you mean by "doesn't work"?  You're not providing much
information (e.g., error message, stack trace).

Did you install 5.5.25 on top of 5.5.20?  If so, did you clean out the
temp and work directories before starting Tomcat?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: 'wan' application in 5.5.25

Posted by Ankit Dangi <da...@gmail.com>.
No, I don't see any error message which resembles the problem I was facing.
Even changelog didn't show any changes from .20 to .25 on an incremental
basis.

On 10/29/07, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:

> Ankit Dangi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was earlier using Apache Tomcat 5.5.20, and now am using 5.5.25. In
> the
> > 'webapps' directory, I created an application with the name as 'wan'. It
> > works fine with .20, and doesn't work with .25. When I changed the name
> of
> > my application from 'wan' to something else, only then it works on .25.
> Why
> > is this happening? Has the term 'wan' kept as reserved in .25 version?
> >

> what do the logs say?
> is there an error message?

Ankit Dangi

Re: 'wan' application in 5.5.25