Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2000/03/06 14:02:28 UTC

Re: org.xml.sax.misc.LexicalHandler missing ... Xalan 0.19.5 is compatible with Xerces 1.0.1..

.. not with Xerces 1.0.2.  This was noted a number of times on this
discussion list (searchable at:
http://xml-archive.webweaving.org/xml-archive-xalan), and is noted in the
./README file, as well as on the xml.apache.org website, although it's
admittedly not as clear on the website as it could be.

In short, Xalan 0.19.5 will *only* work with Xerces 1.0.1.  A 0.20.0
version of Xalan that does work with Xerces 1.0.2 will be posted RSN.

---------------------------------------
Subject:  [ANN] Xalan 0.19.5 developer's distribution now available at
      xml.apache.org/dist; fixes bug in 0.19.4

Apparently the Xalan 0.19.4 distribution had problems with some of our more
complex stylesheet tests which we missed when we posted it.  Hence, here's
an update to 0.19.5 which should behave properly.
We strongly suggest that any 0.19.4 users remove that build and use 0.19.5
instead.  Sorry for any inconvenience!

--------------
We've posted an updated Xalan 0.19.5 which works with Xerces-J 1.0.1 in the
normal distribution area.  See:
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_5.jar
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_5.jar.sig

This release is a 'weekly developer's release' (even though it has a
maintenance update number on it).  We have done minimal testing; caveat
emptor.

This really is the last planned Xalan build that uses the Xerces 1.0.1
release.

Build notes:
-- The TransformToDom sample is broken in this distribution; sorry.

-- (from 0.19.4) See README in the root along with STATUS, DONE, and BUGS,
which are fairly well updated.  Lots of bugfixes; some more performance
work; new documentation; greatly improved samples.

-- (from 0.19.4) Docs do build from this distribution; they are also
provided pre-built for your reading pleasure in the /build/docs directory
(sources are in ./xdocs).  If you wish to build docs yourself you'll also
need some files from xml-site copied into ./xdocs/style
You can also look at updated docs online: http://xml.apache.org/xalan

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8; all using
Makefile, EXCEPT docs, which must be compiled with JDK 1.2.2,

-- Sources are tagged 'xalan_0_19_5'.

-- Xerces compatibility: this distribution works with the Xerces-J 1.0.1
distribution.  This distribution probably does not compile against the
daily Xerces CVS repository due to their upcoming SAX2 work.
NOTE that the Xalan CVS repository currently (24-Feb-00) *does* have what
we think are the changes needed to build/run with Xerces 1.0.2.  Note
however that we have not yet done significant testing with Xerces 1.0.2 /
Xalan CVS, so caveat emptor again.

----    ----
- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan

RE: extracting attribute values in XSL (newbie)

Posted by "K. Rumman Akhter" <ka...@sputnik7.com>.
i am having trouble figuring out how to extract attribute values using xsl.
i can create attributes using <xsl:attribute> but how to it extract the
values?

for example,

<name last="doe" first="john">
 <sex>Male</sex>
</name>

i can get the <sex> value buy:

<xsl:template match="name">
 <!-- here i want to insert the first and the last name -->
 <xsl:value-of select="sex"/>
</xsl:template>

any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,