Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Allesmallachen <Sp...@web.de> on 2006/09/20 17:42:29 UTC

Access to ActiveMQ

Hi,
I want to use WS-Notification with the ServiceMix. I tried the example
(which btw seems to have some out-dated jar dependencies in the instance.xml
files) and it worked fine.

I was wondering whether you can access the ActiveMQ instance that runs
behind the WS-Notification Broker interface like you can access a
stand-alone ActiveMQ. One benefit of a Enterprise Service Bus is of course
that you are shielded from the complexity of the separate parts of the
distributed system. But in case you want to make some changes to the
ActiveMQ setup that is used for WS-Notifications, can I configure it in some
way? I didn't find any documentation for this.

Best regards

Christian

Re: Access to ActiveMQ

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sure you cam.
By default, servicemix-wsn2005 uses a jms connection factory
which is found in the jndi context at
   java:comp/env/jms/wsnotificationCF
You can put there any configured ActiveMQ connection factory.

On 9/20/06, Allesmallachen <Sp...@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to use WS-Notification with the ServiceMix. I tried the example
> (which btw seems to have some out-dated jar dependencies in the instance.xml
> files) and it worked fine.
>
> I was wondering whether you can access the ActiveMQ instance that runs
> behind the WS-Notification Broker interface like you can access a
> stand-alone ActiveMQ. One benefit of a Enterprise Service Bus is of course
> that you are shielded from the complexity of the separate parts of the
> distributed system. But in case you want to make some changes to the
> ActiveMQ setup that is used for WS-Notifications, can I configure it in some
> way? I didn't find any documentation for this.
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet