Posted to dev@tubemq.apache.org by Guangxu Cheng <gx...@apache.org> on 2020/01/08 13:32:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Create a new repository for website?

Hi,

    Now the official website for Apache TubeMQ is under development. shall
we create a new repository(incubator-tubemq-website.git) for official
website?  or use incubator-tubemq.git ?

    Other projects under ASF, such as livy,atlas,cassandra etc, created a
new repository(xxx-website.git) for website, and some projects didn't
create repository separately.

     Thoughts?
--
Best Regards
Guangxu

Re: [DISCUSS] Create a new repository for website?

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
I'm helping my workmates exposing their works more onlist so that we track
the progress onlist and improve the visibility. Hopefully a scaffolding of
the website will be put on the website repository later and we keep moving
the previous workflow all on Apache infrastructure. It will take some time
for all contributors to get familiar with it, though.

Best,
tison.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年1月15日周三 上午9:34写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年1月15日周三 上午8:53写道:

> Hi,
>
> > There hasn't been a code development so far. However, we can put the
> > conceptual product in the repository.
>
> A week ago I was told that it hopefully would take a week to be deployed?
> I guess that’s not the case?

Yes it is not the case. Sorry for making a promise but cheat it.

> I was also told development was being conducted in another repo. When I
> ask for that repo's URL none was given.

Currently the development of website is in design phase and the only
intermediate result is a conceptual product that bebe attach on this
thread[1]. The code work doesn't happen until we reach consensus of the
element that should be displayed.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/x/thread.html/reacd18719c273bea80026481e9784047cc7f7266f46f75e1e6e9165a@%3Cdev.tubemq.apache.org%3E

> Do either this development is taking place elsewhere or is not. Which is
> it? We need clear communication on this list what is happening, it hard for
> mentors to help if their questions are not answered, conversations are not
> happening on this list or development is happening elsewhere.

Nothing else than the conceptual product is under development so far. When
we start the code work, it should happen on the website repository. Now the
progress is that the conceptual product is under refining to fit the
requirements of an incubating project website.

> Thanks,
> Justin

Best,
tison.

Re: [DISCUSS] Create a new repository for website?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

There hasn't been a code development so far. However, we can put the
conceptual product in the repository.

cc @bebe could you submit a patch to put your design under the repository?

Best,
tison.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年1月15日周三 上午6:01写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>    Now the official website for Apache TubeMQ is under development. shall
> we create a new repository(incubator-tubemq-website.git) for official
> website?  or use incubator-tubemq.git ?

Created for you:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tubemq-website.git

Thanks,