Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/06/01 11:15:37 UTC

Re: [Axis2] On board and interested in resolving Axis2-761

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 09:39 -1000, Chuck Williams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm finally set up with the appropriate apache account and axis2
> commit axis, thanks to Ajith and Dims efforts.  I'm happy to be here
> and hope to continue to help out.
>
> Has anybody else had a chance to review or try Oleg's HttpComponents
> HttpCore based SimpleHTTPServer in Axis2-761?
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-761).  I would like to
> resolve this issue before too much time passes and the patch becomes
> stale.  Based on my usage so far, the new implementation is more
> stable, higher performance, and provides more features.  Are there any
> objections to committing it?
>
> What is the best way to put the new required jar,
> jakarta-httpcore-4.0-20060521.jar, into a central maven respository
> for access from the build scripts?  I've manually placed it into my
> local maven repository so far.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck

Chuck,

We can cut an official ALPHA release at any point of time if a need be
and make it available in the official maven repository.

If everything proceeds according to the plan we should be releasing
ALPHA-2 in the late June - early July time frame. We are planning to
start working on non-blocking extensions to HttpCore (provisionally
referred to as HttpNIO) this month and this may have some impact on
HttpCore API, so I would not like to rush ALPHA-2 release too early.
Having said that, we can cut as many releases as necessary.

Cheers,

Oleg

Posted by Chuck Williams <ch...@manawiz.com>.

Davanum Srinivas wrote on 06/01/2006 02:20 AM:
> Oleg,
>
> Please cut an alpha and chuck can do the needful on our side.

Oleg,

Please let me know when the jar is there and the particulars to access
it (e.g., version of the alpha).  I'll verify with the new jar and
commit the new server.

Thanks,

Chuck

Re: [Axis2] On board and interested in resolving Axis2-761

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Oleg,

Please cut an alpha and chuck can do the needful on our side.

Thanks,
dims