Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrea Croci <an...@gmx.de> on 2021/07/26 17:18:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Can't get the list of loaded modules with apache2 -M

Hi, I have Apache 2.4.48 installed in Ubuntu 20.04 by adding the
ondrej-ppa. When I do

sudo apache2 -M

(and other apache2 commands as well) I get

[Mon Jul 26 19:03:15.930435 2021] [core:warn] [pid 10739] AH00111:
Config variable ${APACHE_RUN_DIR} is not defined
apache2: Syntax error on line 82 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
DefaultRuntimeDir must be a valid directory, absolute or relative to
ServerRoot

The envvars file does define those variables and I didn't touch it from
installation. The only thing I did is to add to the apache2.conf file a
global ServerName directive, because it was complaining by reloading
that it couldn't find the fully qualified domain name.

Now it reloads and restarts fine, but I get that error. The error log
only shows my restarts and reloads, nothing else. I didn't find anything
useful on the net. How could I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

Andrea

Re: [users@httpd] Can't get the list of loaded modules with apache2 -M

Posted by Andrea Croci <an...@gmx.de>.
Thank you for your help. I found out

apache2 -M

works great without sudo. I would have never expected that.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 2:09 PM Marc Serra <ms...@manxa.com> wrote:

> Try to source your envvars by running it like this
>
> source /etc/apache2/envvars
>
> and then
>
> /usr/sbin/apache2 -M

or apachectl -M

Re: [users@httpd] Can't get the list of loaded modules with apache2 -M

Posted by Marc Serra <ms...@manxa.com>.
Try to source your envvars by running it like this

source /etc/apache2/envvars

and then

/usr/sbin/apache2 -M

El dl., 26 de jul. 2021, 19:18, Andrea Croci <an...@gmx.de> va
escriure:

--

      <https://www.manxa.com>
     Manxa 1876, S.L.

<https://www.manxaferros.com>  *Manxa Ferros <https://www.manxaferros.com>*
 <https://www.manxabricolatge.com>  *Manxa Ferreteria i Parament de la Llar
<https://www.manxabricolatge.com>*

--

El contingut d’aquest correu electrònic i els seus annexos és
estrictament confidencial. En el cas que no siguis el destinatari i hagis

El contenido
de este correo electrónico y sus anexos es estrictamente confidencial. En
el caso de que no seas el destinatario y hayas recibido este mensaje por
error, rogamos lo comuniques al remitente y procedas a su eliminación, sin
difundir, almacenar o copiar su contenido. Imprimir este correo solo si es
necesario.

The content of this email and its attachments is strictly
confidential. If you are not the recipient and you have received this
message by mistake, please notify the sender and proceed to its
elimination, without spreading, storing or copying its content. Print this
email only if necessary.

Le contenu de cet e-mail et de ses pièces jointes
est strictement confidentiel. Dans le cas où vous n'êtes pas le
destinataire et avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez en informer
l'expéditeur et procéder à sa suppression, sans diffuser, stocker ou copier
son contenu. Imprimez cet e-mail uniquement si nécessaire.