Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net> on 2009/05/12 16:28:15 UTC

disable warning about gnome keyring?

We just upgraded to svn 1.6.1:

[tylermr@alta:~/testng2/common/trunk/_build/util]$ rpm -qa | grep -i
collab
CollabNetSubversion-client-1.6.1-1
CollabNetSubversion-extras-1.6.1-1
CollabNetSubversion-server-1.6.1-1
[tylermr@alta:~/testng2/common/trunk/_build/util]$ cat
/etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)

Now whenever I run svn update, I get several warnings like this:

** (process:16208): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome keyring
daemon via dbus: The name org.gnome.keyring was not provided by any
.service files

How can I disable these warnings (and, in fact, disable attempts to use
the gnome keyring since I don't care about that functionality)?

I tried adding this to the [global] section of my ~/.subversion/servers:

store-plaintext-passwords = yes

I also tried blowing away my .subversion folder and letting svn recreate
it. I added the store-plaintext-passwords lines to that new .subversion
folder. None of this has any effect. I can't find anything with google.

So, is there a way to disable this warning?

Thanks,
tyler

Re: disable warning about gnome keyring?

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 09:28:15AM -0700, Tyler Roscoe wrote:
> Now whenever I run svn update, I get several warnings like this:
>
> ** (process:16208): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome keyring
> daemon via dbus: The name org.gnome.keyring was not provided by any
> .service files
>

> How can I disable these warnings (and, in fact, disable attempts to use
> the gnome keyring since I don't care about that functionality)?
>
> I tried adding this to the [global] section of my ~/.subversion/servers:
>
> store-plaintext-passwords = yes
>
> I also tried blowing away my .subversion folder and letting svn recreate
> it. I added the store-plaintext-passwords lines to that new .subversion
> folder. None of this has any effect. I can't find anything with google.
>
> So, is there a way to disable this warning?

Yes, in ~/.subversion/config.
See the password-stores option.

You may need to let Subversion 1.6 create a fresh config file for you
for documentation for this option to show up. An easy way to do that is:

	svn --config-dir /tmp/svn-config help

Then take a look at /tmp/svn-config/config and copy whatever you need
to your own config file.

Stefan

Re: disable warning about gnome keyring?

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:41:12PM -0400, Mark Phippard wrote:
> In the "config" file you could try adding this:
>
> [auth]
> ### Set password stores used by Subversion. They should be
> ### delimited by spaces or commas. The order of values determines
> ### the order in which password stores are used.
> ### Valid password stores:
> ###   gnome-keyring        (Unix-like systems)
> ###   kwallet              (Unix-like systems)
> ###   keychain             (Mac OS X)
> ###   windows-cryptoapi    (Windows)
> password-stores =
>
> Basically do not specify anything?

This does the trick! Thanks Mark and Stefan!

Is this documented somewhere? I could not find it for the life of me. At
least this question will show up in the archives for this mailing list
now.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
In the "config" file you could try adding this:

[auth]
### Set password stores used by Subversion. They should be
### delimited by spaces or commas. The order of values determines
### the order in which password stores are used.
### Valid password stores:
###   gnome-keyring        (Unix-like systems)
###   kwallet              (Unix-like systems)
###   keychain             (Mac OS X)
###   windows-cryptoapi    (Windows)
password-stores =

Basically do not specify anything?

Otherwise, you can rename libsvn_auth_gnome_keyring.so so that it
cannot be loaded.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard