Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ed Bosco <ed...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/14 17:25:58 UTC

Unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:21:52
To: Perrin Harkins<pe...@elem.com>
Cc: mod_perl list<mo...@perl.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Authentication logic [was: Changing browser URL based on
 condition]

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2011 à 13:19 -0400, Perrin Harkins a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > -Is there anything wrong with my process?
>
> If it's working for you, then it sounds fine.  Needing to invoke
> mod_perl on every hit could be bad if you're trying to protect a lot
> of otherwise static pages, but it doesn't sound like you are.

Indeed, all pages are dynamic; this is a case management app, so every
page requires queries from the database

> The
> file storage of sessions is also limiting (i.e. no clustering), but if
> you aren't having trouble with it, no need to change it.

My needs are very modest for the time being, so I did not investigate
this part at all, I must say.

Could you explain (very briefly) how clustering prevents file storage of
a session?

> > -What does Apache2::AuthCookie do that I don't already have?
> It might have better cookie security.
> Mostly it's just the general
> advantage of using shared open source code over in-house code that has
> no other users improving and debugging it.

Well, I'll look into it more. Thanks for your input.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/