Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/23 00:19:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] multiple Jenkins jobs for new svn layout

Hi,

As mentioned (and since the old Jenkins job has to be updated or replaced
anyway)

What do you think of a more modular set of Jenkins jobs?

Apache Jenkins can build Maven or Ant builds, and projects like Log4Net
show, at least C# is no problem either (likely the same should work for
VB.net too)

So at least for 1.x data
and all 1.x clients

   - C#
   - Java
   - W3C/oddr
   - VB.net

And one or more jobs for examples.
I saw the /examples folder also is further split (and "ODDR" shouldn't be
upper-case there either) so while even examples/1.0 has no parent POM right
now, at least an "Aggregator POM" should be strongly considered for some
otherwise we'd end up with 10 or 20 more Jenkins jobs for examples.

Data if changed should trigger the clients using it in a down-stream Job.
And similar between clients and examples. This unlike the old hierarchical
Super POM can be done better by defining up- or-downstream jobs to trigger
necessary dependent projects only when something relevant has really
changed.

Only few people can set this up it seems, as PMC Chair Reza can't, but
maybe there is a form to fill it out.

WDYT?

Werner

Re: [DISCUSS] multiple Jenkins jobs for new svn layout

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Great, will do for relevant parts of "w3c-ddr" or under Examples when I
can. As I participate in an IoT Hackathon this weekend, maybe next week,
too.

Thanks,
Werner

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org