Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by KENT ORTELL JOHNSON <ke...@utah.edu> on 2013/08/07 02:23:30 UTC

CloudStack 4.1.0 not compatible with XenServer 6.2?!

I just installed XenServer 6.2 on a Dell R410 and tried to add it as a host in cloudstack but CS told me "Unable to add host." And I look in the management-server.log and it tells me that " Only support XCP 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.4.x, 1.5 beta, 1.6.x; XenServer 5.6,  XenServer 5.6 FP1, XenServer 5.6 SP2, Xenserver 6.0, 6.0.2, 6.1.0 but this one is XenServer 6.2.0"

Does that mean that CloudStack 4.1.0 is not compatible with XenServer 6.2 or does that just mean that the Xcp Server Discoverer is not compatible with 6.2?

see the pastebin link here: http://pastebin.com/7NZniFCc for the section from the management-server.log

Kent Johnson

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kent,
>
> That is correct. Please see the following for compatible Xen versions with
> CS 4.1.0:
>
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/citrix-xenserver-installation.html#system-requirements-xenserver-hosts

That page is out of date.  It does not mention 6.1.

Re: CloudStack 4.1.0 not compatible with XenServer 6.2?!

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.
Kent,

That is correct. Please see the following for compatible Xen versions with
CS 4.1.0:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/citrix-xenserver-installation.html#system-requirements-xenserver-hosts

Posted by KENT ORTELL JOHNSON <ke...@utah.edu>.
Thanks, Bradley and Ahmad, now I need to reinstall with 6.1. >,<

XenServer 6.2 support is supposed to come in cloudstack 4.2. Thats what i gather from previous emails to dev.

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.