Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 姚吉龙 <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 04:52:28 UTC

Why the cluster stays at State: INITIALIZING

Hi everyone

Why my cluster always show:State: INITIALIZING  for a long time after I
execute start-all.sh
Is there any thing wrong with my configuration? Or mainly because of the
safe mode on the below webpage
Any body can help me?
[image: 内嵌图片 1]

BRs
Geelong

Re: Why the cluster stays at State: INITIALIZING

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.
If there is some critical writes to be done, you can force the cluster out
of safe mode.

hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave

Considering your ratio of reported blocks and if you have a replication
factor of 3 it should be fine to force exit out of safe mode. (But always
better to wait for auto exit from safe mode)

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.