Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by david garry <da...@nomos-software.com> on 2011/08/19 12:43:49 UTC

apachesoap:Element[] from php

Hi there,

I've developed a web service using axis. I've enclosed my entire WSDL in the
above attachement.

The problem I have is developing a client using php to use the
apachesoap:Element[] type.

(From attached WSDL)

<complexType name="ArrayOf_apachesoap_Element">

      <complexContent>

<restriction base="soapenc:Array">

                  <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType"
wsdl:arrayType="apachesoap:Element[]" />

            </restriction>

      </complexContent>

</complexType>

I generate a client proxy using wsdl2php tool.. Proxy code includes the
following code

class ValidateDetails

{

            public $elements; // ArrayOf_apachesoap_Element

            public $pipeName; // string

}

and the parameters are set and service is called using the following code

$xmlElement = new DOMElement('elements', $xml, '');

$details = new ValidateDetails();

$details->elements[0] =  $xmlElement;

$details->pipeName = 'mypipe';

$response = new ValidationResult();

$response = $client->validate($details);

However the SoapRequest object does not contain the nested xml inside the
element node.

It looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

            xmlns:ns1="http://build.nomos.com"

            xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"

            xmlns:ns3="urn:CompilationService"

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

            <ns1:validate>

                        <details xsi:type="ns3:ValidateDetails">

                                    <elements
SOAP-ENC:arrayType="ns2:Element[1]"
xsi:type="ns3:ArrayOf_apachesoap_Element">

                                    <item xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Struct"/>
</elements>

                                    <pipeName
xsi:type="xsd:string">mypipe</pipeName>

                        </details>

            </ns1:validate>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I am unable to understand how to populate the elements field with the
correct xml.

Please suggest what is this ArrayOf_apachesoap_Element datatype and how can
I populate this parameter.

Best regards

David