Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Goran Radisavljevic <go...@ipipi.com> on 2002/08/07 03:40:49 UTC

James, MySQL and Linux problems

Hi there,

 I  have  problems  with  running  James-based  application  on Linux.
 Everything  is  installed on one machine, and the database I am using
 is  MySQL.  The  same  code  works  fine  on  Windows  NT, but when I
 recompile  &  run  it  on Linux, I get java.sqlException and message:

 "Giving       up...       no      connections      available"      at
 org.apache.james.util.mordred.JdbcDataSource.getConnection
 (JdbcDatreSource.java) ...

 First   I   thought  that  something  is  wrong  with  my  connection
 parameters,  or  MySQL  access  rights,  but I also have another java
 application that connects to the same database without problems, with
 same driver, hostname, username and password.

The database-connections block that I am using is something like:

  <database-connections>
    <data-sources>
        <data-source name="mydb" class="org.apache.james.util.mordred.JdbcDataSource">
            <driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
            <dburl>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/MyDatabase</dburl>
            <user>user_name</user>
            <password>some_kind_of_password</password>
            <max>20</max>
            <maxConn>20</maxConn>
        </data-source>
    </data-sources>
  </database-connections>

Any help, suggestion or advice is welcome...

--
Best regards,
Goran Radisavljevic                          mailto:goran@upsideweb.com

RE: James, MySQL and Linux problems

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@intfar.com>.
I got that same exception in James v2.0a2 with MySQL, but I haven't seen it
since I upgraded to v2.0a3.

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
What version of James?  Make sure that the current mm.mysql driver is
visible to James.

James in the CVS has code I inserted into JdbcDataSource to log the actual
exception, so you can debug the problem more easily.  At the very least, you
should grab that version of JdbcDataSource, so that you can see the real
exception.

	--- Noel